Muse Remodeling is made up of two key individuals that live in Northeast Minneapolis. Owner, Jordan McLaughlin (31) and his trusty shop assistant John Schulte (57)
John is a 4th generation Northeast resident with over 35 years of home repair and remodeling experience. He operates Muse's independent wood shop for the fabrication of home architectural components, wood furniture repair and custom cabinetry projects, and answers questions for you on Muse's Facebook page.
John is an active part of the NE community with a long history of being involved in the NE Minneapolis Lions Club, founder and director of the Northeast Citizen Patrol (NECP), 2006 Volunteer of the Year, 2007 Community Ambassador, and the recipient of numerous accolades from the MPD, Mayor, and City Council for his crime fighting efforts in NE Minneapolis.
Jordan is a relatively newcomer to Northeast Minneapolis, arriving 6 years ago to settle down and raise a family. Jordan started roofing houses with his father when he was eleven years old and continued on in the building trades to also become an expert carpenter and licensed contractor.
In addition to his knowledge of new building and home additions, he provides a youthful perspective and is an expert of new technologies and best practices gained through ongoing education required to carry a contractor’s license. Jordan has also immersed himself in the complete renovation and sale of two old homes in NE Minneapolis, giving him an excellent perspective of the inner workings of old homes in Minneapolis.
Working together, John and Jordan create a diversified team with a combined experience that is unique and unmatched when it comes to solving homeowners’ problems and desires.
A key advantage of working with Jordan and John is their strong personal integrity and network of quality tradesmen they work with on larger construction projects. Knowing who is good at their job is key when you want high quality results. Email:firstname.lastname@example.orgJordan: 763-807-6928 Common Services Provided by Muse; Small, Medium and Large Common Smaller Projects
- Handicap Accessibility. (Ramps, Roll in Showers, Larger doors, Bathroom Handrails.)
- Ceramic and Stone Tiling. (We do tons of tiling work; floors, walls, table tops, backsplashes in kitchens, etc.. Want to do your own tiling but need a good tile saw and other required tools? Let us know, and we’ll work out a deal for you to use ours. NE residents only.)
- Door Installation. (Including Storm and Screen Doors)
- Window Installation and Repair. (We can replace entire windows in your home, or replace broken glass in your older double hung windows. We also do glazing.)
- Deadbolt lock installation and new door handles.
- Furniture repair. (We can pick up if needed. Items should be made of good quality wood. Most self assembled particle board items are not worth the cost to repair. You can email us a picture and we’ll let you know what we think.)
- Custom Cabinets. (Do you need something special for the one certain area of your home; something you just couldn’t find in the local stores? Let us know, we have a full wood shop and can build something from scratch just for you.)
- Glass Block Windows. (These are mostly used to replace old basement windows, and in bathrooms.)
- Spray Painting. (We mostly spray garages and inside walls of new construction, but if you need something large spray painted, let us know.)
- Handrail Repair. (Many times old wrought iron hand rails rust off where they enter the cement step. Rather than replace, many times we can repair and reinstall the same railings. We’ll look for free if you live NE.)
- Sheet Rock Repair and Taping. (Did you have water damage in your ceiling, or perhaps your plumber or electrician left a big hole in your wall you need fixed, let us know, we are experts and fixing damaged sheetrock and plaster damage to be almost invisible.)
- Assembly work. (Did you just buy that new rolling center island for your kitchen from IKEA and now that you have it out you have no idea how to get the darn thing together? You’re not alone; we’ll gladly help you out. Most items can be put together for just $60.00. NE residents only.)
- Power/Pressure Washing. (From washing down fences and decks to cleaning old stained sidewalks, we have the machine to do it. We can even make those old plastic deck chairs look like new.)
- Security Cameras. (Self monitoring security cameras/systems are coming down in price; we can install your choice of system, wireless or cabled.)
- Drain Cleaning (In addition to using a standard cable snake, we also own our own drain cleaning jetter. This is a machine that actually pressure washes the inside of your drain pipes to open them up as far as possible. A cable snake only punches a hole through the clog, allowing the clog to re-form at a faster rate.)
- Garage Repair and Straightening: Does your garage lean or perhaps looks like it’s about to fall over? Has your garage door stopped working? Most likely we can repair it instead of rebuilding it. If you live in Minneapolis, you may already know that tearing down a garage, removing debris, pouring a new slab and building a new garage is very expensive.
A simple new 20’X20’ garage can easily cost over $20,000 dollars. And chances are you will need to build the new garage in a different location on your property. In Minneapolis there is no grandfathering of building a new garage in the exact same spot on your lot unless it meets current set back codes. A typical single garage straightening and reinforcement runs less than $5,000. Let us just take a look at your problem and we’ll let you know what we think. No obligation of course.
As an FYI, Muse is one of the very few that is set up and experienced to do garage straightening. We have invented and fabricated our own specialty hardware needed to do this type of work. We are also equipped to replace rotted sole plates of garage walls. Note: This is the bottom board that touches your cement slab that all the wall studs are connected to.
- Secret rooms and doors. (Want to add a little James Bond to your house. We can build you secret doors, or bookcases, to hide rooms and closets or ??? Complete confidentiality.)
- Attic Expansions: One of the best ways to get more usable footage in your older home is your attic, if you have one. We are experienced in laying out plans for attics to add extra room and value to your home. Master bedrooms, baths, entertainment area, etc.
- Bathrooms: Renovate it, enlarge it, tile it, reconfigure it, the bathroom is something that pays for itself in home value and your personal enjoyment and usability. It’s a high payback project.
- Kitchens: Your kitchen is key area in your home, you spend a lot of time there not only preparing meals but also entertaining. Like your bathroom, a well laid out and functional kitchen adds value to your house and makes your life more enjoyable. It is a high payback project.
- Basement Expansion: (While many homes in Minneapolis are 100 years old, have limestone foundation walls*, and have significant water problems that make basement expansions more expensive, there are many that lend themselves to finishing off and give you great new living and entertainment space, bedrooms and bathrooms.) *If you have limestone foundation walls that have deteriorating mortar joints, and perhaps are already leaking, we have the experience to repair them. Or, show you how in a short instructional “at your home” class.
- Junk Removal. Are you moving or have some junk to haul? We have a nice trailer with cover if needed to move your stuff by the ton to a new location or the dump.
- Advice for the do-it-yourself person. If you are planning on doing a remodeling job yourself, or act as your own contractor for a large project, we can give you expert help and advice billed by the hour.
- Demolition work. (Got a project you want to do yourself but need a professional demo. Let us know, we can do it for you.)
- Custom projects. Do you want something custom made around your house, yard, or garden? The best way for us to help you on these things is find pictures in home or garden decor type magazines and pull pictures of what you would like to have.
- Carpeting. (While we don’t install carpeting ourselves, we have a great team that does, and can offer you a very competitive price for full installs that includes padding and carpet.)